Microsoft has released Windows 11 Insider Preview build 25131 on the Dev Channel. This version also includes a bunch of fixes and some known issues.
You will not see any new features in this update. Below is the full changelog for the update (via):
- Fixed an issue that caused some Insider PCs with certain AMD CPUs to check bugs and rollback when attempting to upgrade to last week’s flight. This issue is also believed to be the cause of some Insiders experiencing a bug check after enabling SVM in their PC’s bios on the latest build.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some Insiders with secondary accounts on their PC from upgrading to the latest builds.
- The new folder icon used in the command bar should be consistent with the one used in the context menu now.
- Fixed an issue that could cause File Explorer to crash when browsing folders with many .mkv files.
- Fixed an issue where searching from Home would sometimes return no results from the Open or Save dialog (when done from results returned from File Explorer).
- Searching for something like %appdata% should now show a proper folder icon and not just an empty square.
- When you select “Open file location” for a search result, it should now select the file in the folder again, not just open the folder.
- Searching for “default” will now return the default apps settings page as the first result, and won’t require you to click “show all results” to see it.
- Fixed an issue where the “Listen to this device” audio option would stop working after a reboot until it was unchecked and rechecked.
- The narrator will now read the position of the radio buttons in the Settings > Accessibility > Color filters page for easy navigation.
- Hover over “Do you like what you see?” when using Windows Spotlight on the lock screen should no longer display a shadow that extends to the bottom of the screen.
- Fixed an issue that caused some frame rate monitoring apps to impact game performance.
- Fixed an issue that could cause rounded corners to pixelate unexpectedly at certain scale factors.
- [NEW] Windows Insiders on Surface Pro X devices will experience a black screen when attempting to wake from hibernation on this build. You will need to reboot (long power button shutdown) to get back into the device. It is recommended that Insiders on these devices suspend flight until we release a build with this fix.
- [NEW] We’re investigating reports that shutting down via the Start menu isn’t working for some Insiders and unexpectedly restarting instead.
- Some games that use Easy Anti-Cheat may crash or cause a bug check on your PC.
- Some full-screen applications (eg, video players) prevent live captions from being visible.
- Some applications positioned near the top of the screen and closed before running live captions will relaunch behind the top-positioned live captions window. Use the system menu (ALT+spacebar) while the application has focus to move the application window lower.
Meanwhile, Microsoft has also started rolling out a Microsoft Store update (version 22205.1401.3.0) for Insiders. With native Arm64 support, you will see faster and better performance while using the app. Other changes include improved app updates and Android app support for the pop-up store experience, faster browsing, and improved viewing options for movies and TV shows.