MontaVista releases CGX 4.0, based on the Yocto Project 4.0 LTS version and the 5.10 LTS kernel, providing commercially supported Linux for all embedded programs.
— Iisko Lappalainen, Director of Product Management, MontaVista
SANTA CLARA, CA, USA, Sept. 8, 2022 /EINPresswire.com/ — MontaVista® Software, LLC, a leader in commercial embedded Linux® products and services, today announced the early access availability of CGX 4.0, with general availability expected in the fourth quarter of 2022.
CGX 4.0 relies on the Yocto Project Long Term Support (LTS) strategy and extends the Yocto Project baseline with layers loaded and maintained from MontaVista.
Key features of the CGX 4.0 release include:
– Support for major semiconductor vendor BSPs: AMD, Intel, Marvell, NXP, TI, Xilinx, SiFive, and Broadcom
– Support for x86-64, ARMv7, ARMv8, PowerPC and RISC-V architecture
– OpenCGX ecosystem baseline that serves as upstream development of CGX, allowing developers access to trial BSPs and free evaluation of CGX
– Custom BSP development options, whereby MontaVista can enable and support customer hardware platforms as part of CGX for 10 years or more
– Pre-enabled features, listed below, to speed time to market and reduce risk of launching critical embedded programs
CGX 4.0 is based on a new rapid activation model, in which MontaVista builds on the same BSP baselines published by our semiconductor partners as part of the Yocto project, strengthens them for long-term maintenance and implements the core CGX feature set throughout the support package. With this, customers can easily switch from using the default semiconductor vanilla SDK to the feature-rich, tested and long-term supported (10+ years) CGX.
Here are examples of CGX 4.0 runtime features:
– Linux Kernel 5.10 LTS with Yocto 4.0 userland baseline package set, marketed by MontaVista
– Security: features such as secure/trusted boot, runtime integrity management, cryptographic acceleration
– Performance: real-time latency with Linux PREEMPT-RT, optimized packet processing via DPDK/ODP
– Field maintenance: filesystem clustering, kernel debugging, runtime/offline monitoring
– System lifecycle management: OTA (Over-the-Air) update capabilities with optional built-in support with MVEdge product, continuous stream of CVE patches seamlessly delivered to CGX SDK build system .
CGX 4.0 is available immediately on specific BSPs and architectures with upcoming BSPs on our roadmap. Please contact a Montavista representative for details.
“CGX 4.0 builds on more than 20 years of experience in developing quality embedded Linux distributions,” said Iisko Lappalainen, director of product management at MontaVista. “We are proud to be able to continuously improve the product and accelerate the value we bring to our customers by streamlining the reuse of BSPs from the Yocto community while continuing to provide very long lifecycle support options”
MontaVista invites interested parties to contact MontaVista at [email protected] and/or visit www.mvista.com for more information.
About MontaVista Software
MontaVista Software, LLC, is a leader in the commercialization of embedded Linux. For over 20 years, MontaVista has helped embedded developers get the most out of open source by adding commercial quality, integration, hardware enablement, expert support, and expert community resources of MontaVista development. Because MontaVista customers benefit from faster time to market, more competitive device functionality, and lower total cost, more devices have been deployed with MontaVista than with n any other Linux.
For more information about MontaVista, visit http://www.mvista.com
*Linux® is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the United States and other countries. registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Monta Vista® is a registered trademark of MontaVista Software, LLC. All other names mentioned are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.
The MontaVista Public Relations Team
write to us here