Featuring an upgraded Linux kernel (5.10), enhanced security, WireGuard VPN support, instant cloning snapshot, and free exFAT support, QNAP’s QuTS hero NAS provides outstanding solutions for the urgent data storage / backup, virtualization or collaborative media editing.
“Data security is a top priority for QNAP, and we have implemented a major system kernel update for QuTS hero to improve the security and reliability of the NAS,” said Sam Lin, head of QNAP product, adding “In QuTS hero h5.0, we have also optimized overall performance to meet larger and more complex business workloads.”
New applications and key features of QuTS hero h5.0:
- Increased Security: Supports TLS 1.3, automatically updates the operating system and applications, and provides SSH keys for authentication to secure access to the NAS.
- WireGuard VPN Support: The new QVPN 3.0 integrates lightweight and reliable WireGuard VPN and provides users with an easy-to-use interface for configuration and secure connectivity.
- ZIL – Dedicated SLOG: By storing ZIL and Read Cache (L2ARC) data on different SSDs to separately handle read and write workloads, overall system performance as well as usage and runtime. SSD life is improved, which makes it particularly useful for optimizing flash storage investments.
- Instant Cloning: Performing instant cloning on the secondary NAS makes it easier to manage copy data and analyze data without interfering with production server operations on primary data.
- Free exFAT Support: exFAT is a file system that supports files up to 16 EB and is optimized for flash storage (such as SD cards and USB devices) – helping to speed up transfer and sharing large media files.
- DA Drive Analyzer with AI-Powered Diagnostics: The DA Drive Analyzer leverages ULINK’s cloud-based AI to predict expected drive life, helping users plan for drive replacement at the latest. ‘advance to protect against server downtime and data loss.
- Improved Image Recognition with Edge TPU: By leveraging Edge TPU to QNAP AI Core (the AI-powered engine for image recognition), QuMagie can perform faster recognition of faces and objects, while that QVR Face boosts real-time video analysis for instant facial recognition.
QuTS hero h5.0 is available from QNAP Download Center.
QNAP announces extended range of TS-hx77XU NAS – 07/28/2021 08:25
QNAP is now expanding the series line by introducing higher capacity 16-bay TS-h1677XU-RP and 24-bay TS-h2477XU-RP rackmount models. Designed for small / medium businesses, these new models incorporate AMD R …
QNAP Announces Next Generation QMiro-201W and QMiroPlus-201W Mesh Tri-Band Wi-Fi SD-WAN Routers – 06/09/2021 08:21
QNAP Systems, Inc. (QNAP), a leading innovator in computing, networking and storage solutions, today released the QMiro-201W and QMiroPlus-201W. Both routers provide a Home Cloud and a tri-band mesh Wi-Fi network.
QNAP announces TVS-x72X 10GbE NAS with 4K HDMI support and M.2 NVMe SSD – 06/03/2021 8:06 AM
QNAP has launched the TVS-672X High Performance 10GbE NAS and TVS-872X 8-Bay NAS with Intel Core i3 processors. With expandable storage capacity and feature-rich applications, both models support M.2 NVMe SSD …
QNAP announces TS-x28A series home NAS – 01/16/2018 16:54 PM
QNAP launches its TS-x28A series NAS for entry-level home users, including the TS-128A and TS-228A models. The TS-x28A series offers comprehensive multimedia storage, sharing and streaming functions, a …
QNAP announces QBoat Sunny Single-Board IoT Mini Server – 11/15/2017 09:34
QNAP launched the all-new QBoat Sunny, a small and powerful single-board Internet of Things (IoT) mini-server for IoT developers. QBoat Sunny can connect to versatile IoT development boards, devices and …